Sunday, March 1, 2009

baking together


today kate and i made lemon bars together. sadly it was our first baking experience, mostly because i used to try and do most of my cooking & baking while the girls were napping. however, with kate not napping anymore, i am trying to use amelia's nap time to do "just kate" things. it's crazy how old she seems now that we have a one-year-old. she was able to scoop the dry ingredients, pour them into the bowl, and count the number of scoops of things. it was fun having her help me, and we didn't even make too much of a mess:) notice in the picture that she was "mixing" next to me with her own pink kitchenaid:) i'm glad my mom was (and is) such a great cook and was always in the kitchen. it's a fun thing that i love to do and hope that my girls will learn to love as well.

1 comment:

Linds said...

what a great pic! What a fun memory that Kate will always remember doing with her mom too!! Hope you are doing well.