Friday, March 20, 2009

funny conversation

kate and i had a funny conversation this evening. this is about how it went:
kate:"why are you making dinner for you and daddy?"
me: "because daddy and mommy are going to have a dinner date after you go to bed."
kate: "why?"
me: "because we like each other."
kate: "you love each other......and you spank each other."
OH MY GOODNESS!!!! what are we teaching our children. i sure hope that we have not scared her for life, and no, we do not spank each other in front of our kids. i'm so glad that she said this to me and not someone else. i guess we need to start being careful about what we say to one another in front of the kiddos. at least they know we love each other:)

3 comments:

juliana said...

That made me laugh out loud! Hilarious!

Jon and Missy K said...

Me too, I'm sitting here laughing out loud!

Wallace said...

haha!!! so awesome. rian and i are laughing!