Monday, December 22, 2008

we're off...

as we get ready to pack up the mule (or subaru in this case) on our way down south tomorrow, i have been pondering the events of this last year. i think that it has been the fastest year of my life, and quite possibly the most difficult (actually, i am positive of that). here are some of the memories that stick out from 2008.
1. the quick, hard, and amazing birth of amelia paige
2. adjusting to life with a newborn and a 2 year old (who thought that she ran the house)
3. cooking WITHOUT a kitchen for 6 months
4. potty training (do i need to say more:)
5. sweet smiles from my little melia
6. kate developing into a kind, sweet friend and sister (we are definitely still in progress here:)
7. maui vacation with tim and kate
8. my husband loving me despite my many failures
9. God's graciousness to me during a trying year
10. many moments spent laughing
these are just a few of the things that come to mind when i think of this past year for me and my family. i am glad for many reasons that this year is coming to a close and that i have a fresh new year to look forward to. but i also see this last year as one that God gave me to change many things in me. i hope that i am a better wife, mommy, friend, daughter, and sister because of the experiences that were apart of 2008. merry christmas and happy new year!

No comments: